Tetris is a well-known game that has been categorized as the most addictive game. Whether or not it can still captivate audiences 35 years after its initial release still remains to be seen. Well in come PlayStation and Tetris Effect. A game that we all know re-imagined in a trippy, 3D world with PlayStation VR mode also included. From the creator of Rez Infinite and Lumines, Tetsuya Mizuguchi brings us his new take on the Tetris game.
So what exactly is Tetris Effect? From the game pages description it’s basically Tetris as always but with added imagery and effects for immersion or distraction. It seems to play exactly like the Tetris we have all grown to either love or hate (especially those moments where you put the piece in wrong). With the added VR to the mix, it definitely makes for a psychedelic effect that will likely leave the player lost in space or sick on the floor. Definitely something that seems it has to be played to be fully enjoyed.
The following is a direct quote from the game’s page:
- Get in the Zone – Includes the all-new “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to a “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Level Up – Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- PS4 or PS4 Pro (& Optional PS VR) – Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
- Play Your Way – Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
- Timeless. Endless. – A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
You will be able to purchase Tetris Effect in the Fall of 2018, be looking for it in the PlayStation Store in the months ahead.
What are your thoughts on Tetris Effect? Is this something you can see yourself playing and possibly getting addicted to like you did back in the day? Remember, we still have 4 more announcements coming in the upcoming days before E3 so stick with Planet PlayStation for your early E3 2018 coverage of all things PlayStation.Follow Us On Social Media