Critically acclaimed Catch & Release moves from Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to PlayStation VR after glowing player reviews, as METRICMINDS brings the complete Catch & Release VR experience to PlayStation 4 gamers this summer.
Catch & Release is a virtual reality fishing experience like no other; combining the inherently relaxing activity of fishing on a lake with beautiful surroundings. The intuitive game mechanics take a step back to let the player enjoy their time on a virtual fishing trip freely and without stressful distractions like timers or forced missions.
Catch & Release features one of the most beautiful environments in VR, brought to life with dense nature, local fauna like geese and bears and diverse, interesting fishing spots as well as landscape features. The colorful art style supports the goal of immersing the player in a peaceful world free from stressful distractions, which lets players engage with the game the way they feel.
Players can enjoy their time in the game freely, or they can take up missions and challenges to progress and unlock new gear and items for themselves.
- The Boat – Use the unique rowing mechanics to find the best fishing spots and explore the beautiful environment.
- The Fishing Rod – Throw the line out and attract a fish – Your interactive fishing rod offers you full control, with different bait and lures and haptic feedback.
- The Shop – Sell your fish and buy new gear and items in the in-game shop!
- Fishing – Catch the biggest fish, fight to reel them in, but don’t let them snap the line and escape! You’ll need tactics and finesse to tire them out if you want to make the greatest catch!
- Secrets – Find trash or treasure. The lake hides more than just fish!
- Music – Over 30 commercial tracks that have been specially curated for Catch & Release playing on the in-game boat radio. Licensed by Flip Entertainment, the tracks were selected to enhance the in-game music with a non-standard selection aimed at improving the overall immersive experience.
Catch & Release is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, PEGI 3 and USK 0, and is available now around the world on the PlayStation Store.Follow Us On Social Media